May 15, 2019

Philippians 4:17


Check out the “Everyone Wins” story from Illinois.

         “For the longest time I was outside the arena looking in. Wondering how I could be a man. I finally got in the arena but was on the sidelines wondering, how to get in the game? I stepped up, took a job with less pay that was closer to home, and got more involved with my family. God provided! I have stepped out of my comfort zone and decided to coach my daughter's softball team. The main benefit is quality time spent with my child. Jump into the arena, men! Bring God with you. He will provide the protection you need to survive. It's change. It's doing something you're not used to doing. Ask God to help you adapt to this change in your life. Trust Him and keep him near.”
         We love to share “Everyone Wins” stories like this one because this is a team ministry. Our ministry champions make it happen. Their prayers, resources, and service are catalytic to the changed lives of men and those they love. To date our small group curriculum has been used in half of the United States, three nations, our podcast downloaded in 59 nations, and the Facebook forum has men representing 86 nations—all because of the hundreds and thousands of people who have partnered with us.

         Their resources, their time and their prayers made it possible. We celebrate our “Everyone Wins” stories because if it weren’t for our ministry champions there would be no stories.
         For the past three decades I’ve been privileged to serve in great organizations like Youth for Christ/Campus Life, Church of the Nazarene, and Men in the Arena. During my years with Youth for Christ and now with Men in the Arena, fundraising was that necessary annoyance I tolerated in order to keep doing what God had called me to.
         That is, until recently.
         God disrupted my fundraising paradigm.
         Philippians is my favorite book in the Bible, having read it thousands of times, but recently I was awestruck by what I saw in Philippians 4:15-17, where Paul wrote: “You yourselves also know, Philippians, that at the first preaching of the gospel, after I left Macedonia, no church shared with me in the matter of giving and receiving but you alone; for even in Thessalonica you sent a gift more than once for my needs. Not that I seek the gift itself, but I seek for the profit which increases to your account.”
         Champions support Men in the Arena through their time, resources, and prayers. In return, God pours into their heavenly accounts for His glory! In other words, we receive generous gifts on YOUR behalf as much as ours. Yes, we get a paycheck and the mission presses on. But it’s not only for our benefit. It’s for the sake of those we reach and for those who support our mission!
         God has sent us to reap a heavenly harvest on behalf of our champions. We celebrate equally because when a man gets it, our champions get another reward for their “crown” (Philippians 4:1, 1 Thessalonians 2:19, and 2 Timothy 4:8)!
         Paul is saying that God will supply our needs, but when God uses our resources to partner in that provision we receive a reward greater than or equal to the ones doing the physical ministry. It’s an awesome responsibility work on your behalf—in order to increase your heavenly reward.
         This was a profound revelation.
         So we set our hearts towards Jesus and glorifying Him in changing lives. We partner with you to increase your spiritual account! Which Kingdom causes are you passionate about? Are you using your prayers, resources, and service to build your spiritual bank account? If not, join with other Men in the Arena Champions in building God’s Kingdom and your spiritual account.